With the end of 2018 fast approaching we are about to hold elections for our 5 member HOA board of directors. All 5 positions, President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, At Large, are at the end of two year terms and are up for election.
Two members of our board, Sara Dunham-Secretary and Jaime Zapata-VP, have decided not to seek re-election. We are grateful for their service to our community.
We are looking for volunteers interested in serving on our HOA BOD. No previous board experience is required, only a little time and the desire to make our community a better place to live.
Interested owners may run for any board position. We will hold online elections the last week of December with two year terms beginning January 1, 2019.
Please contact a board member, use the contact form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and willing to serve. A board member will contact you and answer any questions you have.
A sincere thank you to all for your consideration.
Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2019!
Steve Kline-P, Jaime Zapata-VP, Edward Carr-Treasurer, Sara Dunham-Secretary, Lyndon Bartlett-At Large
Key Points Discussed and Action Items
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm - Steve called the meeting to order.
● Edward presented the 2019 budget. The Board expects the $1500 per year annual assessment will be adequate for the coming 2019 year. This will depend on the actual repairs incurred to infrastructure considering the community is aging.
● Cooper Reed, who provides insurance for the association, led a discussion on what would be involved if all homes are combined on a single insurance policy. General feedback indicates there is interest in looking into this further. Several homeowners would be interested in seeing multiple options, based on construction differences, for comparison purposes.
● Online Voting - The Board recently tested an online voting application to increase community participation in voting matters. (This system will be used for board elections in December)
● Election of Board Officers - Two Board positions are currently open (Secretary and Vice President). We are looking for owners who are interested in filling these two positions. (All five board positions are up for election. The Secretary and VP positions currently have no-one running. Any owner interested in serving should make their interest known by contacting a board member directly or sending an email to email@example.com.)
● Landscaping - Green Horizons has the contract for 2018. We will be securing bids for 2019. Quotes for tree replacement on Clarkson are currently being requested. Replacement shrubs will be planted later this week and week control will be applied later in the month.
● Property Management - Currently, the association board is made up of volunteers. The Board is looking into contracting out some of the more time consuming responsibilities to a third party management company.
● Several property crimes have been reported in the community. Homeowners are asked to stay alert and turn their porch and alley lights on.
● We will be purchasing a power washer which will be available to property owners free of charge.
● General Real Estate Report- Development of the property west of Library will begin next year. The first complex will be located near the bariatric center at Page and the Tollway. The second development will be located near Cotton Gin and Library. Lyndon presented square foot valuation figures for our community as well as the townhome developments in the area.
*The meeting adjourned at 8:56 pm.
*If you have questions or comments please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.